Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dimensional Design Project (Work In Progress)

The design screened onto canvas
My screen printing setup consists of a light taped
 to the toilet paper holder in my bathroom.
Design exposed into the screen. Also pictured: my girlfriend's cat being a creep.
This was an assignment for my dimensional design class. We had to make a bag for the Fourth of July. We were free to employ our own concept and being that the holiday isn’t so much an environmentally friendly one I wanted to address that in my concept, that being to bring a message to encourage people to “Have a green fourth of July”.

Needless to say I ran into problems getting parts of the design to come through clearly, I think the ink i mixed has either been to thick or too thin, blotting up or not printing as crisp as I would have wanted but I intend to revise this before the quarter is over and have images up of the complete bag as well.

Visit my tumblr for other art related things: redntoothnclaw.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment